Gone To The Dogs! Christmas Dinner, from RachelRayMag.com
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 stalk of finely chopped celery
- ¼ red bell pepper, chopped up
- ½ cup of cooked broccoli florets
- ½ cup of cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Once you've selected the scrumptious and healthy Dog Gift Baskets for those dog lovers on your holiday gift list, it's time to whip up a dog-friendly treat to gift to them along with the gift basket!
- Take a medium saucepan, and cook the bacon until its crisp about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Then, transfer it to a plate with a paper towel, and allow the bacon to drain.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from the medium saucepan.
- Place the carrot, celery, and red bell pepper into the saucepan, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the broccoli, brown rice, and turmeric. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and check out the healthy and so tasty Zukes dog biscuits and organic apple dog treats in our Holiday Dog Pound Dog Gift Basket..
- Serve the rice mixture in a holiday-themed dog bowl for the dog, and crumble the bacon over the rice. Then, add some snow" by sprinkling the parmigiano-reggiano cheese to it. Yum!
This recipe is so delicious, and we have a feeling that the dog owner will want to take a bite, too it's a recipe good enough for both canines and their human companions! We just so happen to have Dog Gift Baskets for dogs and their" humans, as well check out the caramel popcorn, hot pepper cheese bar, and gourmet dog biscuit in our Thinking of You & Fido Too at the Holidays. Have a Merry Canine-Christmas!