Cinnamon Bun Dog Treats, from The Family Kitchen at Blogs.Babble.com
To make the cinnamon buns":
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of water or milk
- ¼ cup of canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup of light cream cheese
- 1.5 tbsp of milk or water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- While you're preheating the oven, you'll of course want to take a gander at our Dog Lover Gift Baskets to go along with your dog treats, such as our Best Buddies at the Holidays Dog & Owner Gift!
- Blend the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Then, in a separate small bowl, combine the water, oil, and egg. Add the large bowl ingredients to the small ball. Stir until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Flour a working surface. Then, take your dough and spread it out on the floured surface so that the dough is about 8x14 inches in size.
- Carefully pour the honey over the dough, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and walnuts onto the dough.
- Roll the dough up into a jelly roll" style, and be sure to pinch the edges of the roll.
- Take a sharp knife and slice into 1.5 inch thick pieces.
- Spread the slices onto the cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. You can spend this time thinking about how much the dog lovers on your gift list would love our Pizza Pals Dog Lover Gift Baskets.
- Once cooled, drizzle the cream cheese over the cinnamon buns."
- Place into small gift bags, and gift along with the Dog Lover Gift Baskets you have selected from our wonderful website!